Who is Syed Abdul Rahim | Biography of Legend Football Coach
Biography of Syed Abdul Rahim Legend Football Coach
Football is one of the most popular games played worldwide. There are many players who play this game with their hearts and have made this game very special. In India, there are many football players and coaches, which we loved just we like the game. One of the most popular managers of the Indian football team is Syed Abdul Rahim.
Syed Abdul Rahim holds the position of manager for Indian Football from 1950-1963. As the architect of the Indian football team, he has trained many players of the Indian national football team. It was under his training, the Indian football team qualified for the semi-finals of the Melbourne Olympics football held in 1956. At that time, India became the first Asian team to achieve this milestone.
All You Must Know About Syed Abdul Rahim
The great football team manager was born on 17th August 1909 in Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh. Syed Abdul Rahim completed his education at Osmania University, Hyderabad. Since then, he started playing for various teams at the local and national levels. The senior team career of Abdul Rahim was mainly practicing the top football club, namely trams Qamar club and HSV Hoek.
Syed Abdul Rahim also managed the Hyderabad city police team from 1943 to 1950. Under the training of this legendary football player, the Indian Football team won the Asian games gold in football for the years 1951 and 1962. The last successful event for the Indian team under his training is the 1962 Asian games. This game was held in Jakarta, where India won the gold medal in front of 10000 spectators by defeating South Korea. He died in 1963 after he was diagnosed with cancer.
Visit this website for more relevant Articles:
Some Lesser Known Facts About Syed Abdul Rahim
In this part of the blog, we have provided some amazing and interesting facts about legendary Indian football team manager, Syed Abdul Rahim:
- Syed was a sports lover since his childhood, Rahim was fascinated by football and had amazing football skills at such a young age.
- He was also good at academics. And even take part in athletics and other sports events held in his school.
- Football culture came to Hyderabad in the mid-1920s, and it was found that many youngsters including Rahim enjoy playing it.
- After some time, he started playing football for the Osmania University football team.
- After completing his degree, Syed started his career as a school teacher but always found a passion for football. He was counted amongst the best football players of Hyderabad for two decades, from the 1920s to the early 1940s. During this period, he played for “Qamar Club”, which was one of the best teams in Hyderabad’s local league.
- In 1939, a new association, known as Hyderabad Football Association came into existence. In 1942,i.e., three years after the association was formed, SM Hadi became its President and Rahim its Secretary. Rahim remained the secretary of the association till he was alive.
- Soon, Syed Abdul Rahim became a genius coach and he can easily spot raw talents and mould them into brilliant players. Syed was mainly known for his strict disciplinarian nature and motivational speeches. His tactics and far-sightedness help him to bring a huge change in producing a chain of footballers. He also helps new talents in changing their attitude toward the game and improves the infrastructure of football in the state.
- It was said that after the poor performance of India’s football team at the 1952 Helsinki Olympics, a high-ranking official stopped Rahim from picking the team of his choice.
- After a few years, the HPC team win all 12 national tournaments held in the years 1950, 1957, and 1959.
- Till 1958, Hyderabad and Andhra Pradesh were considered two different bodies by the AIFF. But, in 1959, these two bodies were merged together and Rahim played a very important role to make this happen.
- Syed retired as the principal of a high school in Hyderabad and was associated with the game till his last breath. He died on 11 June 1963 due to cancer.
Thanks to Syed Abdul Rahim and his Football teaching, many young football players consider him as their motivation. The year 1945 to 1965 are definitely considered the Golden Era of Hyderabad Football. Also, the year 1951 and 1962 was considered the Golden Era of Indian Football.
Hope, the above information helps you to know more about Syed Abdul Rahim. We have covered the important points for the biography of a legendary Football coach. Even the actor Ajay Devgan played his role in the sports biography based on Syed’s life. The movie “Maidan” is based on this amazing football coach. It was produced by Boney Kapoor and directed by ad film director Amit Sharma.